Monday 8 February 2010

Johnny Hardstaff




My tutor put me on to this guys work a while ago and since I have been looking into film and merging different disciplines together he popped back into my mind, I looked at his site again today.

I have been paying special attention to the 'History of gaming' and 'Future of Gaming' videos, and they have been filling my head with fresh ideas and giving me perspective on my own. Containing all sorts of conspiracy theory ideas involving Sony's playstation 2 console ; 'Future of Gaming' cleverly encapsulates a feel of modern society's entertainment obsessed nature.

Its nice that you can see some pages from his sketchbooks on the site (evidenced above) although it would be nice if they were at a resolution good enough to be able to read his notes. You can see from the pages that there is a very strong relationship from his sketch work to the final product.



His site shows that he combines all sorts of media from 3d visuals and vector work to carefully modelled prototype like constructions and everything in-between.

No comments: