Sunday 27 September 2009

Cornerhouse

Despite (still) having a cold we went to visit the Cornerhouse http://www.cornerhouse.org/ on Saturday in an attempt to culture ourselves.
The current exhibition features work from Bloomberg gradutes and students. Going to look at a fine art exhibition is always a challenge and as I was hoping for a little inspiration for my current project it was kind of nice to seperate ourselves from everyday activities and immerse ourselves in this sort of work.
The exhibition itself covers three floors of the building and contains a wide variety of work. From video installations to free standing sculpture and the usual paintings and things.
I guess it did the trick because I came away with new ideas and thoughts for my project. Funny how something so out of the ordinary can be so thought provoking.

No comments: